KAT VON D EVERLASTING LIQUID LIPSTICK



LEFT - UNDERAGE RED / RIGHT - VAMPIRA
THE AFTERMATH - YOU KNOW THEY'RE GOOD WHEN THEY'RE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE

I've been converted. As much as I love the standard lipstick bullet, liquid lipsticks are a new favourite. In particular, the Kat Von D Everlasting ones are so good that I went back to buy a second shade a day after trying the first. I picked these up in Sephora while in New York earlier this year and I love them.

The first shade I picked up was Underage Red. I only owned one red lip colour at the time, (Mac Russian Red which I love) so decided to get one in a different formula as I was loving red lips. It's a pretty bold red and the formula is very matte and opaque, but not drying and easy to apply. I also love the tattoo-style illustration on the packaging. 

After trying Underage Red I immediately loved it and went back to see what other shades caught my eye. I saw Vampira, and in the tube it doesn't look like much - almost a browny red. However as a lover of dark lips I gave it a swatch and it immediately made me want it. It's the perfect vampy red which has the smallest hint of purple. 

I like to apply this quite thinly as I found when applied thickly, it can become quite heavy and uncomfortable on the lips after a few hours. But I've sussed it, and having a lighter layer (after getting rid of excess before applying) still gives the opaque colour which is long-lasting and more comfortable to wear.

I've now got my eye on the bright purple shade in the range, have you tried these?




No comments:

Post a Comment